Pumpherston and Uphall Station Community Primary School actively encourages children to wear school uniform.
The benefits of wearing school uniform are:
- Differences between pupils are reduced, which in turn reduces some of the causes of isolation and bullying;
- The self-esteem of particular groups can be improved;
- Security can be improved - it is easy to spot who does and does not belong to the school;
- It can improve the image of the school in the local community.
Our school uniform consists of:
- grey or black trousers/skirt/pinafore/school shorts
- white polo shirt or a white shirt and tie
- a blue school sweatshirt or blue cardigan
- sensible shoes
- black indoor shoes
- blue check summer dress with a blue cardigan
- black sweatshirt or black cardigan
- P7 School tie
- white or blue tshirt
- black or grey shorts
- black gym shoes
Uniform can be ordered from the school office. School clothing grants are available to parents in receipt of a qualifying benefit; application forms are available from the school office. The Parent Partner Group hold a nearly-new uniform sale at points throughout the session.